- 16-Sep-2013 to 01-Dec-2012 (CST)
- Full Time
We offer a comprehensive benefits package; including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and L.T.D. Insurance, paid time off, flexible hours, and casual dress environment.
Position overview: The Manager, SEO + SEM leads the start-up and ongoing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) efforts of our clients' websites. The person in this position works well with other interactive employees who are obsessed with optimization and conversions.
He/she is a talented and experienced SEO + SEM who will help plan and implement strategies to increase our client's web presence.
They exhibit effective communication skills that allow them to blend in and work effectively in cross-functional teams. The Manager, SEO + SEM thrives in fast paced environments, adapts well to change and has fun doing what they love. He/she will report directly to the Director of Interactive.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Evaluation and improvement on internal processes to streamline project delivery
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Proven track record in increasing organic traffic to our clients' websites
- Lead team of SEO & SEM Specialists responsible for strategy, deliverables, and monthly analysis
- Keep pace with the changes and trends in the local search and local SEO industry to ensure compliance and efficiency with the latest SEO guidelines and algorithms.
- Working across the Interactive department to ensure architectural best practices are in place to achieve maximum results
- Provide detailed analysis of key metrics and program tracking techniques in order to increase overall search performance efficiency
- Oversee and analyze current SEO initiatives while identifying and implementing new ones
- Manage Search team members' responsibilities, conduct team meetings, advise on projects, and motivate team members
- Proven track record of being able to convey the importance and value of SEO and SEM to clients
- Working with SEM Specialist, develop successful bidding strategies and effective keyword management for PPC campaigns to hit target acquisition volume goals and efficiency metrics
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
- Proven track record of SEO & SEM growth, strategy, and opportunity identification
- Must have 5-7 years' experience in SEO and SEM, preferable at an agency
- Ability to effectively manageand mentor a small team of employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is a must
- Thorough knowledge of SEO copywriting best practices
- Previous experience optimizing keyword competitive, consumer based websites
- Significant experience in organic search including industry standards, best practices,
search engine algorithms, site architecture, and ranking strategies
- Experience in providing and managing paid search
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools in addition to
third party tools such as Raven Tools, ahrefs, BrightLocal and others
- Comfortable with explaining search strategies to external and internal clients that have no understanding of SEO & SEM
- Outstanding organizations skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines