- 26-Mar-2013 to 09-Jan-2013 (CST)
- Full Time
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and L.T.D. insurance, paid time off, flexible hours, and casual dress environment.
The Social Media Engagement Manager plays a dual role of social strategist and team manager. As a strategist, this person is responsible for creating social marketing strategies, performing channel and content planning, remaining out internal subject matter expert regarding all things social media related. As a team manager, this person manages and oversees the work of a Social Media Specialist and Email Marketing Specialist.
The Social Media Engagement Manager is expected to represent both publicly and internally a thought leader of cj's Social Media practices. This person is a self-motivated manager with a through knowledge and expertise in the digital and agency space in which social is shown to be innate to their DNA. He/she will have an insatiable desire to learn and explore emerging technology trends, and can confidently deliver an agency point-of-view (POV) and overall direction of social marketing. The Social Media Engagement Manager will report directly to the Director of Interactive.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop comprehensive digital strategies and programs that use the influence of digital and social communications to meet our clients' objectives
- Serve as trusted advisor and key contact for digital strategies and projects along with managing client budgets, timelines and any third party vendors
- Research top influencers, competitors, and trends in each clients' market'become an expert on our clients' brands objectives and develop creative solutions to boost their brand's reputations
- Create timely and engaging content optimized for platform used and intended audience
- Monitor Social Media networks for opportunities to initiate conversations on behalf of the client
- Analyze and report social media reporting on a monthly basis and use data for insightful narratives that are translated into meaningful, actionable plans
- Create engaging and professional visuals that reflect clients and their brands (ex. Customized Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Stay current and provide insight on emerging trends and social media developments– includes attending networking and educational events, reading blogs, and listening to podcasts
- Manage social media team members' responsibilities, conduct team meetings, advise on projects, and motivate team members
- Work with team to create a solid branding message that's reflected across all of cj Advertising's social media content and shared by employees
- Participate in new client pitch development and presentations being able to anticipate client needs and effectively sell in our digital/social media services
- 4-5 years' experience in social media marketing in-house or preferably at an agency. That includes 2 years directly managing social media across multiple channels
- BA/BS degree required, concentration in marketing, advertising, communications, anthropology or business administrations a plus
- Can effectively collaborate with client service leads to create and pitch compelling social strategies for launching, growing, and promoting engagements in social channels that meet client business objectives and maximize ROI
- Proven ability to effectively manage, mentor and motivate a small team of employees to thrive
- Ability to educate and promote the value of Social Media to clients
- Excellent writing, copy editing and proofreading skills is a must
- Experience developing multi-faceted digital and social media campaigns for clients including strategy development, execution, internal and client side training
- Basic understanding of SEO/SEM and how it relates to successful Social Media campaigns
- Solid knowledge of social media engagement metrics and has worked with a variety of reporting tools, and can use data to make informed decisions
- A willingness to work during nonstandard business hours when necessary
- Are passionate about the social media landscape and can demonstrate idea generation and thought leadership in this space
- Outstanding organization skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: